Read old posts from this blog here....

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Really Healthy Cancer Patient??


Well, I had my Dr. appt yesterday, which was a follow up from my CAT scan. She read my radiology report, and of course most of the words did not make sense, but the words that really stood out to me were.... slight improvement, no significant change (the cancer has not grown), unchanged, slight interval decrease in size. After my doctor read these results, she looked at me and said, "Wow, the power of prayer!". Then she went on to explain that all of my organs are functioning perfectly. The pain I've had in my kidney is most likely due to the lymph nodes surrounding that kidney, but my kidney itself is still functioning just like it should. She said that as long as ibuprofen takes care of any pain I might have, there should be no need for treatment any time soon. WHEW!!! At the end of the appt I told my doctor.."It looks like you have a really healthy cancer patient!" :)
Thanks again for the prayers that have been said for me. I KNOW this is why I continue to get good news at the doctors appts. You just will never know how much me and my family appreciate it!

9 comments:

Jess said...

The power of prayer indeed! You are an inspiration Jen. Congrats on a great CAT scan. :)

Sylvia said...

That is the BEST news ever!! I'm just amazed, truly. Both of the power of prayer, but too of the positive attitude you always have about things. I know that's the other half of the equation. YAY for you guys!!! May you have many more years of a repeat of the same, if not even more improved.

Smith Family said...

Congrats on the great new Jen! It's great to hear. I forgot I had a link to your blog. You do a great job on it and I'm glad you have so many links to other friend's blogs. I've been missing everyone since school started and I have an empty house.

Smith Family said...

oops! That was supposed to be news Jen. Guess I should check better for typos.

Chanda Starr said...

We are so happy for you and your family. We will continue to send our thoughts and prayers your way. Although this is not a path you would have ever chosen you really are an inspiration to all of us. Your positive attitude, faith and love of life shine through and touch all those around you, even a far off blogger friend.

Anonymous said...

GREAT NEW JEN. THAT IS THE BEST NEWS I HAVE HEARD ALL DAY. GOD BLESS YOU.

Andrea said...

Yay Jen! I'm so happy to hear that! I hope you continue to have good doctor's appointments!

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

Wonderful News!! I'm so glad to hear that everything went well. You really are so happy and positive...you are such a fun friend! :)

Cornums said...

Jen I am so glad the results are good. I contribute it to not only prayers but your always positive and upbeat attitude. You are so selfless and care so much for others. YEA!!!