Read old posts from this blog here....

Monday, September 15, 2008

"aaah - sigh - eeee Berry" & lymph nodes



Right after I had Hope I started drinking this "Miracle Fruits of the World" juice. I had heard about the acai berry (pronounced aah-sigh-eee) and how it had a lot of healing components, plus this juice just had lots of nutrients as well. If anything I thought it would help boost my energy.

Well, I think it has helped boost my energy. Most days I have energy throughout the entire day. And I'm hitting, what I call, brick walls less and less (where I immediately have to go lay down). You know them? I think we all hit them every now and again.

Anyway, it's CAT scan week this week, and I was thinking back to how good it felt when we went to Stanford in June to have my oncologist tell me my lymph nodes were either the exact same size, or even slightly smaller than my previous CAT scan from November. At that point she put me on an every 6 month schedule for CAT scans, as opposed to the every 3 month schedule I was on.

I'm very curious the see how the cancer is progressing at this point, or hopefully NOT progressing. My CAT scan is Thursday and then I get the results from my oncologist on Monday.

I think the Miracle juice has been a good supplement for me to take; I'm not sure that's what has helped slow the growth of the cancer, but I'm sure it doesn't hurt. That, along with all the faith and prayers from all of my friends and family, I think have helped tremendously. In the meantime..I'll just keep on pluggin' along! :)

4 comments:

Jess said...

I am so glad you have found something that helps you have more energy! It sounds good. I will be thinking of you and saying prayers for a good CAT scan outcome.

Chanda Starr said...

We will be sending our prayers your way. We think of you often.

erica said...

I'm sure my mom would definitely agree with you on the juice helping you. She's very big into all of that organic stuff.

I hope all goes well with the CAT scan. You will definitely be in our prayers. Hugs!!

Andrea said...

Good luck with your CAT scan. We'll be thinking of you and sending prayers your way. I may need to get myself some of that juice! I need more energy!