Read old posts from this blog here....

Monday, August 18, 2008

I Early Rised....

Today is the first day of school. I usually don't wake the kids up until about quarter to 8 (school starts at 8:50, and we live right next door). But this morning I went downstairs at 7:15am and Josh (my usual sleeper-inner) was sitting on the couch, and in the most chipper voice said, "Hi Mom! I early rised today." When I asked why he was up so early he said..."I'm so excited for the first day of school."
You gotta love that, mostly because at the end of the week he just may be wondering how long before summer vacation starts again! :)
The big kids are at school and Hope is down for her first nap. On one hand it's so nice, and on the other hand a little too quiet for me. I'm sure I'll get used to it...by the end of the week! :)





2 comments:

Jess said...

Whoo hoo! Hope they have a great first day! It is our first day too.

Sylvia said...

You know, I early rised too on the first day of school! I was so proud of myself. I even made french toast and everything. I don't know how often that will happen, so it's a good thing to pat yourself on the back for. Good job!!

Sylv
P.S. The kids look so cute!