Read old posts from this blog here....

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Walk down Memory Lane

Lar and I just celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary. I can't believe it. It just doesn't seem that long ago that we met. But that was 20 years ago. And as I was looking back at the pictures, they seem to tell a different story. I guess it WAS that long ago. Back in the days of permed hair and big bangs, oversize clothes and dressing like your friends on purpose. I thought I would share a few pics from my walk, and you can enjoy them as well. Maybe get a few laughs too :) Just remember...YES we were cool back then!
High School 1989







School Dances. The one on the right is our first date. It was Feb. 1988.




















Our Wedding
August 28th, 1993











Pic from our honeymoon. We must have liked curly hair and stripes!








Pics of us married...without children (yet) !


















So those years just flew right by. But they have been the best years of my life. I've loved every minute with my husband! The good, the bad..and even the 80's.! I can't wait for the next 20 years to watch my children grow and see them experience life.

6 comments:

Jess said...

That was so fun to see! Thanks for sharing. I just cringe when I see the "fashions" of our youth. I do kinda miss the big hair though. :) Congrats on 20 years of happiness!

Chanda Starr said...

I love the pictures. The hair - yours and Larry's made we smile. What caught my eye the most was the sparkle in your eye. In the pictures you can see how much and how long you have loved each other.

Sylvia said...

WOW!! I can't believe time goes so fast. It turns us into responsible adults from mere high school kids almost right before our eyes! And oh my GOSH! Can I say that Lauren looks exactly like you? Seriously. You guys are such a wonderful family and truly an example of love, strength and devotion to everyone around you. Thank you. Congratulations on 15 (actually 20) wonderful years together!

Anonymous said...

Jen those were great. I didn't think larry had enough hair to be curly. lol congrats on your 15 years. Chris and I was married 15 years in May. Take care Kris

Cornums said...

Lauren is just a little Jen. I can't believe how much she looks like you. Thanks for sharing the pics, they are just priceless.

erica said...

You guys are cute!! Love the mullet, Larry! Just blame the '80s I guess. You both are wonderful people and we're so happy to know you. :)